Thursday, November 02, 2006

Season's Greetings

Rainy season, that is.

October is, typically, Costa Rica's rainiest month. Last year was an extreme example and I was expecting something similar this year, but in fact we've had less rain than usual.

Now we're into November and, if they're not already, the seasons should be changing soon. But I think they already are. Yesterday we left the house to drive down into town. It wasn't raining. On the two-mile stretch of road that runs down the mountain we drove into a rainstorm, out of it, into it again and, at the foot of the hill, out of it again.


Oh, and the other kind of Season's Greetings too.

I know these things get earlier every year, but without either Thanksgiving or Halloween to put even a theoretical brake on it, Costa Rica is officially into the Christmas season. I've only seen one private home with lights on it so far (but it was covered, let me tell you) but the malls are in full swing, two-story Christmas trees and all.

This roadside stand went up at least two weeks ago:

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney November 02, 2006 3:46 PM  

I'm so jealous that you're in Costa Rica!!!

My husband & I went there on our honeymoon, and 1/2 joke about retiring there...someday.
:)

Anonymous November 02, 2006 6:39 PM  

I was told once (by a seemingly reliable authority, who shall remain unnamed) that December, January, February and March are the dry season months in Costa Rica. Or at least in Heredia.

The year Robin was born, I was there from December 3 - December 27, and as I recall, the rain did not stop until December 22.

Wonder what I'll be in for from November 8th to 18th?

:)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP