Friday, November 24, 2006

Guess whether they were allowed to have candy after lunch. Go ahead, guess.

I got a new pair of jeans at the thrift store yesterday. They're not exactly painted on, but they are tighter than the ones I usually wear.

I decided to wear them to Rita's Thanksgiving party tonight; I usually wear a dress--it's the one time all year that I do--but it's been chilly and Rita's version of Thanksgiving dinner is served outdoors at 10:00 pm, so I figured the jeans would make more sense this year.

Wanting something nice to go with them, I went to a larger thrift store after the gym this morning. I picked out a red sweater that somehow manages to be not only soft and floppy, but also somewhat form-fitting. I thought I'd wear it with a stretchy black top with spaghetti straps that I already had at home.

When I got home, I decided to go ahead and try it all on, just in case something didn't look right. It looked fine, so I went downstairs to show Alex. But I couldn't because before I was even off the stairs I was surrounded (you wouldn't think it would be possible for a grown woman to be completely surrounded by two small girls, but it is) by Robin and Julia jumping up and down and running circles around me in opposite directions.

Girls: Mommy! Mommy! You look so.... So....
Me: So...what?
Robin: You look so... You look so...
Me: Yes?

Julia:
You look beautiful, Mommy.
Me: Thank you. I didn't think I looked very different.
Julia: You don't look different. You look good.
Me: Well, thank you.

Julia:
You look like a real Mommy.
Robin: Can you wear that for my birthday party?

3 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse November 24, 2006 7:36 PM  

I'm thinking candy for lunch! Forget after lunch! :)

It sounded like a very pretty outfit. I'm betting Alex liked it too.

Happy day after Thanksgiving to you!

Anonymous November 24, 2006 8:07 PM  

Okay, I'm going to need a picture.

Anonymous November 24, 2006 8:43 PM  

I'd say that my granddaughters have excellent taste.

And, along with Lisa, I'll enjoy the picture.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP