Thursday, November 16, 2006

Retraction and update

Retraction
Well, I think I may have lied to you about the Thanksgiving turkeys, which I said the other day are imported specially for the expats and priced at close to $100. Yesterday I was at PriceSmart and they had frozen turkeys for $35. They weren't very large, but I'd hate to be responsible for all of you going around thinking that Costa Rica was price gouging on turkeys, so there you have it.

Update
Also, yesterday I asked the guy at the pet supply store about the cat. All three guys in the store thought it was a pretty funny story, but none of them had any ideas. I went ahead and bought the cat food, and last night I put out both - cat food in her regular dish and dog food in a little dish off to the side. She dived right into the cat food, ate her fill, and ignored the dog food. And yowled twice during the night. I'm thinking about doing a little experiment - cat food for the next few days, and then dog food one night to verify the correlation. You know, scientifically.

Emjaybee, I've actually come to the same conclusion - that she yowls so loud partly because she can't hear herself very well. She does meow at a normal pitch once in a while, but not very often. It doesn't help that our living room has a vaulted ceiling and hard tile floor. It's the echo that gets you.

Sandy, don't worry, they're actually only 50-pound bags, and we buy them for the dogs anyway. Your theory about the cat caring about the dogs is sweet, but I don't really think that's it. First of all, the dogs never come in the house and the cat (ever since we got that last dog) never leaves it. And secondly, aside from humans, the cat pretty much hates all living things (including her own kittens, back in the day).

1 comments:

Anonymous November 17, 2006 7:09 AM  

I would talk to a vet. Something is making her do it. And something is reinforcing it, or else she'd stop. Just to figure out what it is, is the problem, eh?

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP