Saturday, May 02, 2009

Listen. Hear that?

That's the sound of several generations of grandmothers--including, if I'm not mistaken, my children's and my own--chuckling gently when, in looking for a recipe for microwave-baked apples, I saw a variation called "baked apple slices" and my running internal commentary said, "Oh! Peeling and slicing five apples would be easier than coring them."

Yeah, I must be sleep deprived or something. More straightforward than "core apples, leaving bottom intact," certainly; especially with the small specimens I had at hand. But easier? Umm, no.

It was good though. Even if it did take 45 minutes to make and about 45 seconds to eat.


0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP