Saturday, May 30, 2009

Better get out the spare quilt

Gmail has a selection of themes with which to customize your mail-reading experience. Some of them are just color schemes and others are more elaborate.

I use "Tree" which...well, has a tree on it. Sadly, it's just a little tree at the very bottom; I never even see the tree part, because it's been a very long time since my Inbox has been a single screen high.

But I do see the sky a lot, and "Tree" has a cool feature, which is that you can set it for any given city--well, any city on their list, but suffice to say it's a very long list--and it'll show that tree in whatever sort of weather your chosen city happens to be experiencing at the moment.

I set it for a city just a couple miles down the road, and at any given time my Inbox shows me sunny skies, puffy white clouds, dark threatening clouds, wind, rain, or lightning. It's not exactly up-to-the-minute, but it's pretty impressive for a meaningless, free application that somehow ties into real-time local weather information.

So I was a little taken aback when the girls and I finished watching The Incredibles this evening and I switched back to the Email tab to see this:

1 comments:

Anonymous May 30, 2009 11:45 PM  

Snow? On the Island? Inconceivable!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP