Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday Hello/Goodbye

So I heard on the radio last night that we were getting a tropical wave, with heavy rains all day today and tomorrow. Guess I shoulda done the heavy moving yesterday, but...I didn't.

Fortunately, the main truckload, from the house here, was done when it wasn't raining at all - actually it was sunny, hot and humid. The second, which was just the bunk bed and an old (reportedly functional) washing machine Yolanda offered me, both of which were at her house, did get very wet, but there was nothing particularly vulnerable, since the bed doesn't have mattresses. (Note to self: Must get mattresses.)

The house is in a bigger mess than I think I've ever seen it - the apartment actually looks pretty good, except for my room which is full of boxes and suitcases and stuff.

Most of the furniture fit the way I planned. The one exception was the desk in the living room - I didn't measure the distance to the front door, which it turns out is shorter than the length of the wall opposite. So the desk and couch switched places. I put the wire shelving from my office into the bedroom, and the vertical bookcase in the "hall" between the bedrooms. Oh, and the fridge is in the kitchen instead of the adjoining laundry room after all.

I'll be taking the computer down to the apartment today, so this is goodbye to regular Internet access. I'll use Internet cafes until I can get regular service to the apartment - looks like that might work out a little sooner than I thought, but I haven't made the calls myself yet, so I guess we'll just see how it all works out.

The girls are doing really well at this point - for now, they're very excited about the new house and the fact that we're on the same street as one of their friends from school. I suspect that they'll feel the changes more acutely when we all settle into our new routines, but it's a big relief to be able to get through the move at least with them feeling good about things.

3 comments:

Anonymous May 28, 2008 4:15 PM  

I'm wishing you all the best. I'm hoping you didn't get drenched.

Brave Sir Robin May 29, 2008 6:26 AM  

Very happy that the girls are OK.

(As I predicted)

:)

Stay dry my friend!!!

The Cunning Runt May 30, 2008 6:37 PM  

Gawd Bless You, Gurrrl. You're carrying a lot, and we're here to witness it.

You and your gurrrls will feel it soon enough, I'm sure. Just hang onto each other, and don't let the have-to's interfere with that.

I've been there, so I know it will be hard, but I also know you can do it right.

Hugs, My Friend.

- R

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP