Saturday, January 03, 2009

Not ready

Leaving for the airport in about three hours. Turns out Steve can't come up and play with me in Newark, and Julie's too far away to try to visit, so everybody please wish flight CO1762 a slight delay - say half an hour or so, so I can maybe possibly catch it instead of waiting for the flight I'm actually scheduled on, nearly 10 hours later. Gotta say, getting home around 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon instead of 10:30 p.m. wouldn't bother me a-tall, even if I do have to go back to the airport for my luggage later on.




UPDATED(by Bob): Dateline Newark

"Please go in & update my post to add-thanks for all your help. Flight 1762 was delayed by almost exactly half an hour. Next time we'll focus on them letting me on." (Bob says: Luggage must travel with ticketholder, thanks to the Patriot Act II) 8:47am (EST)


"Am now familiarizing myself with mall Concourse C. Highlight to date: man with 2 dogs on long leash fails to notice baptism of pillar." 9:15am


"Have completed initial circuit of Concourse C; most noteworthy occurrence -- absolutely no one takes note when fire alarms sound for approximately ninety seconds." 9:54am


"Have thoroughly window shopped the kiosk of Obamaphenalia (got my eye on the 'Yes We Can' collage magnet, complete w/fist jab) & found a lost neck pillow." 10:36am


"Highlight of the ten o'clock hour: Carol Steinel sings 'Bad Karma' on my mp3 player. Yes, that's right. I've got Portly Dyke pontificating in my ear buds." 10:49am


"I began to question my own karma when I discovered that the neck pillow was not so much 'lost' as it was 'feral,"' having been returned to the wild after what must have been a traumatic encounter with a cigarette. It was disgorging tiny styrofoam balls by the score, despite a piece of provisional tape." (Question is, will she remember she has needle and thread?  And is the neck pillow worth saving?  Stay tuned -- or keep reading, as the case may be) 12:48pm

 
"Credits:   Today's airport blogging brought to you by the letters M and P, and the number 3 (thanks, Sandy), cargo pants with lots of pockets (thanks, Lisa), chocolate covered sesame seeds (thanks, Mom) and potato chips (thanks, Dad), a phone with text messaging (thanks, Bruce & Gerarda), and more than a little help from a friend (thanks, Bob).
 
Boarding in 30 minutes...everybody may now focus on me being able to open my garage doors when I get home. There was an...issue...the day I left." 4:20pm


Additional Addendum and Errata:  Please add good karma (thanks Carol) and redomesticated feral neck pillows (thanks Anonymous Gate 92 Traveler). 4:45pm

2 comments:

Steve January 03, 2009 7:52 AM  

safe travels Jen.

The Cunning Runt January 07, 2009 9:35 PM  

Holy Cow.

Well, things worked out without me hardly noticing, which shows you where I am on the Karma Wheel.

Still, it's great to know that you got home safely!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP