Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Maybe they learned it on The Google

I left the house at 6:30 instead of 8:00 this morning, in order to take three buses in to work, arriving at the usual time of 8:35.

I only had to wake up about half an hour earlier than usual, and now that I've done it once I think I can do the whole thing about half an hour later tomorrow, since my workday officially starts at 9:00, even though I usually get in earlier than that.

Not so bad, overall. They said my car should be ready on Friday. Possibly Thursday.

So, most buses here have those vertical bar things with light sensors or whatever, to count the passengers and thereby keep the drivers honest about how many fares they've collected. Of course, this makes the drivers grouchy because people who take buses every single day and should totally know better, still stop between the bars while waiting their turn to pay the fare, thus presumably messing up the count.

So, of course, most buses also have signs that say Don't Stop Between the Bars.

One of the ones I saw today seemed determined not only to keep people from stopping between the bars, but also to wow the masses with Sooper Amazing Technology-Fu, because the sign read, approximately, "This bus is equipped with bar sensors and counts passengers by means of GPS satellite tracking."

Ummm.

Technology: Ur doin it rong.

1 comments:

Steve January 27, 2009 5:32 PM  

wear some tin foil on your head next time that will stop that darned GPS!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP