Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Stringfever

I have been commissioned to make a quilt on the theme of music and, as part of my initial research, I have watched and listened to several string quartets.

In addition to traditional, classical music played in tuxedoed formality, I discovered this one, which I found thoroughly engaging:



The group is called Stringfever; they're three brothers and a cousin.

Updated to add:

Okay, this is well beyond the realm of anything I can justify as quilting research, but check these guys out:

5 comments:

Anonymous April 08, 2008 3:38 PM  

Let me be the first. Great stuff!! Nearly all of the tunes were familiar to some extent, and the segues were amazing. Where did you ever find them?

(I'm going to check to see if they're on tour in this area...)

Robin April 09, 2008 1:02 AM  

Just wow. I think that says it all.

Laylabean April 09, 2008 11:49 AM  

Very cool! I can't wait to see what you come up with to turn this into a quilt.

splord April 09, 2008 5:21 PM  

You're welcome!

The Cunning Runt April 09, 2008 9:18 PM  

Very, very, very cool. I love to be musically amazed!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP