Saturday, April 26, 2008

Nestling

I have now gone outside and freaked these poor birds out (well, scared them away) three separate times today.

The first time I got all the way out there and stood up on my chair before I realized my camera batteries were dead.

So I recharged the batteries and tried again, but when I got in and downloaded the pictures, it turned out I was too low and nothing was visible.

So I went back out again with a tall, tippy, perilous barstool, freaked the parents out for a third time in one day, and took a few more pictures - two of which didn't even register in the camera's memory (?).

But this one did, and although I've gotten a couple of better glimpses of the neighborhood's newest clay-colored robin since its appearance on the scene (I think) yesterday, I'm afraid the Internet (that's you) will have to settle for the merest glimpse of its hungry little beak.

(Click for the full-sized photo)

2 comments:

splord April 26, 2008 5:01 PM  

Welcome to the world, little bird (beak)!

Anonymous April 26, 2008 5:17 PM  

I'm all agog over that tree with the flower.

I can see that beak! Good for you and your perseverance. The parent birds will get over it, I'm sure.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP