Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A bird in the tree is worth...well, anyway.

Here's our lovely little Turdus grayi, ensconced in her nest. Poor thing picked a pretty slender tree, and I've seen her get quite a ride when the wind starts whistling between the two houses. But she hangs in there.

Every once in a while I notice she's off the nest, but I can't really get a clear view into it because of the foliage. I could tell that there were more than one egg - maybe about three? - and that they are white or light-colored, not robin's egg blue.

I took this picture standing near the tree and holding the camera up (but not too close). The other one is from inside, so you can see the window that is our usual vantage point. I don't think you can actually see the nest in that picture - it's just for perspective, you see.



1 comments:

Robin April 23, 2008 9:24 PM  

Hope her nest survives the wind. I'm rooting for her.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP