Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Six Random Things

The Cunning Runt tagged me for the Six Random Things meme and, while I have been courting a reputation as an egregious slacker when it comes to memes, I'll hold back (from the slacking) enough to participate in this one.

  • I have no gaydar. In fact, can you have negative gaydar? That's me. If it's important to you that I know your preference(s), you'd best drop a pronoun or two into the conversation, is all I can say about that.

  • When music is playing for a while, I often end up tuning it out, but when I am paying attention I tend to notice lyrics. And it is my considered opinion that someone needs to tell the guy who sings Undercover Angel that wet dreams are a pretty normal thing.

  • I get on Robin's case about leaving the crust from her sandwiches. I tell her it's the exact same food, just a little more cooked because it was on the outside. But I totally know where she's coming from. To this day, I eat my sandwiches crust-first so I can enjoy the good part last.

  • Big ol' pet peeve: If you call me on the phone? If you sit there and look up my home number and dial it and I pick up? Do. not. ask. me. who. I. am.

  • I did try pot in college, but only just. It was graduation weekend and my friend didn't want to graduate without having tried it. He made brownies and I had one.

  • When I was a kid, I wanted to be ambidextrous. To that end, I switched to my left hand for toothbrushing and certain other tasks, including chopstick use. Those measures did not, in fact, render me ambidextrous. (I know, right? How could they not?) But I did recently receive a compliment in which someone essentially described me as ambidextrous in the right brain/left brain sense.

7 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse April 22, 2008 5:18 PM  

I HATE IT when someone calls and asks who it is they are talking to. YOU CALLED ME!!!

My brother-in-law does this all the time and does it none too politely too (you know, snippy tone, like I'm inconveniencing HIM). I'm getting all pissed off, just WRITING about it.

Also: do you still brush your teeth southpaw or have you swapped back to righty?

Steve April 22, 2008 5:36 PM  

so I guess we can't call you Upper Crust?

Bwahahahahaha
I just crack myself up sometimes

Brave Sir Robin April 23, 2008 9:02 AM  

so I guess we can't call you Upper Crust?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The Cunning Runt April 23, 2008 7:53 PM  

You two get a room.

No, seriously, you cracked me up too. Maybe we three should get a room! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Jen, thanks for playing, you Good Sport, You! I didn't notify you of the tag, half hoping you wouldn't notice and wouldn't be made to do this silly thing. But I so seldom Play Well With Others, I kinda had to take this bit of low-hanging fruit.

Interestingly (at least to me!) I also have negative gaydar and have dabbled in Willful Ambidextrosity.

Unlike you, however, I was less than tentative in my Altered States Research. And Sister, brownies are NOT the way to approach that subject!!!

Anonymous April 23, 2008 9:16 PM  

I love these. They're always a fun read.

And I'm not saying anything except I plan to bake brownies tomorrow. The only funny stuff in them will be flax seed, though.

Friðvin April 27, 2008 3:45 PM  

Willie Nelson was in Amsterdam around his 75th birthday. I'm sure he had some brownies.

Friðvin April 27, 2008 3:56 PM  

Correction: Willie's birthday is April 30 and WILL be in Amsterdam. I thought it had already happened. Just thinking about brownies gets me confused about what week or month it is.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP