Saturday, April 19, 2008

Blast from the past

I was asked for help editing a photo today. The original was pretty bad, and the initial attempt to fix it hadn't ended well. But I could see the intent behind the editing, and I was impressed by the thought process it displayed.

That, naturally enough, put me in mind of this song (well, its intro):



Revisiting old Tom Lehrer songs was fun. But if just one person does it, they may think she's really sick.

And we all know what happens if two people do it...in harmony.

But if three people do it; three, can you imagine? Three people posting Tom Lehrer videos in one day? They may think it's an organization.

And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said fifty people a day posting Tom Lehrer videos on the Internet? Friends, they may thinks it's a movement. And that's what it is. The Tom Lehrer YouTube Video Movement, and all you gotta do to join is to post one the next time you sit down to write on your blog.

What? I'm fine. Really.
*Twitch*

4 comments:

Robin April 19, 2008 11:41 PM  

Well, ok. If you insist...but which one, which one?

The Cunning Runt April 20, 2008 6:38 AM  

TL is a genius! Thanks for making my head hurt!

Anonymous April 20, 2008 7:00 AM  

NOW I remember what was missing last Thanksgiving Day!

Anonymous April 21, 2008 12:11 PM  

It's so funny that you posted that. Because since about five years ago, when Scott told me they tried to teach him New Math in school, I've been wanting to share that song with him. But I could never find it online, and it wasn't worth buying the CD. And THEN, two weeks ago, I was farting around on You Tube and I said hey! we have You Tube now... so I found it and showed it to Scott.

And Dad, YOU may have missed it on Thanksgiving, but I didn't.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP