Monday, April 30, 2007

Cast your vote

I originally designed the quilt with a horizontal layout - as you saw in the diagram I first posted last...let me check...last Monday.

Really? Just one week ago? Wow. That was fast.

Anyway, by the time I was ready to start laying it out, I had decided that I wanted a vertical layout, so that's what I made.

Something about it is bothering me, so I decided to flip it (using the magic of computer technology, not hours of repositioning fabric triangles) in order to conduct a comparative study.

Unfortunately, it's not just a matter of how I hang the quilt, since my subconscious isn't budging on the light upper left / dark lower right aspect of it all. So it will have to be one or the other.

I won't have to rearrange all the triangles if I decide on the horizontal orientation, but I will have to be much more careful when putting it together, since it would mean something like each block being a mirror image of its current layout. Or something to that effect.

So. Inquiring minds want to know.

Which do you like better?



14 comments:

Karin April 30, 2007 6:49 PM  

My comment got eaten. :P Basically it said I like the vertical one. And a lot of sighing and compliments on the gorgeousity of the layout and the colours and the fabrics.

theotherbear April 30, 2007 7:22 PM  

hmm. I like both.

Anonymous April 30, 2007 7:31 PM  

If it's a wall hanging, horizontal
If it's a bed spread/covering, vertical. That is what will make the difference because they are equally beautiful. That's just my opinion...and I've been wrong before...like the # of seams it takes to sew 756 triangles. I never could guess how many jelly beans were in a jar either. :-(

Anonymous April 30, 2007 7:56 PM  

I like the vertical - maybe that's partly because almost all of mine are vertical, so that's what I'm used to.

It is breathtaking.

Anonymous April 30, 2007 7:56 PM  

The 2nd one, definitely.

Anonymous May 01, 2007 7:12 AM  

I like the horizontal one. I think it's beautiful, by the way!
-Dina

Jennifer May 01, 2007 10:06 AM  

Both are beautiful! I agree with the anonymous comment on it depending how you're using it.

A. Nonny Mouse May 01, 2007 12:15 PM  

I like the vertical one best. But both are amazing! :)

J. Goff May 03, 2007 9:28 PM  

Ooooo, lovely! I love both.

I must say, quilts are where it's at. So comfy! I grew up with them, and still have one on my bed at the moment, which was made by my grandmother. She used to make them all the time. 8^D

Lainey-Paney May 04, 2007 8:56 AM  

I like the 2nd one better.

deedee May 06, 2007 12:29 PM  

My oldest daughter likes it horizontally.

Kit May 06, 2007 2:08 PM  

I'm a bit late here but I like vertical best.

Anonymous May 07, 2007 9:42 PM  

and the winner is?????? Which way did you decide to go?

Jennifer May 07, 2007 9:45 PM  

Actually, horizontal.

A solid majority of commenters liked the vertical, but my gut says horizontal. And my husband, who will be living with the results, agrees.

So there you have it.

I'll post an update when I do something, but for now it's still rolled up in batting on my sewing table.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP