Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Random Memory

I'm jogging (trotting?) up the stairs in our house. I'm about Robin's age - eight or nine. For some reason, I have a rubber band on my right wrist, which shifts as my arm moves up and down. It makes me feel very grown-up, this thing on my wrist, even though I'm fully aware that there's nothing particularly grown-up about it.

I've remembered that moment occasionally over the years; most recently, on Monday when someone reminded me of a task that I had to do later in the day. I usually remember errands and shopping lists fairly well without writing them down, but once in a while I can just tell that something is not going to stick. I decided to try the rubber-band-on-your-wrist trick to help me remember. It worked.

0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP