Sunday, April 15, 2007

Washing rocks

That's how I spent my day.

Apparently the paving stones we bought on Friday need to be cleaned before being installed.

But look how pretty they're going to make our front steps!


This is 30 square meters of paving stone:


These are the (inevitable) helpers:


This is my day:


This is how far I got:


Those rocks in the background aren't what's left for tomorrow, they're all the ones that the girls (mostly Julia) washed. The ones left for tomorrow are all of those, plus another pile two or three times that size. The rocks I actually washed - the ones stacked on the steps - are probably a little more than half of the total.

7 comments:

juliloquy April 15, 2007 8:35 PM  

Chop that wood, carry water . . . great Buddhist exercise. Let me know the sound of one hand clapping once you've figured it all out.

Anonymous April 16, 2007 5:29 AM  

Jen, I love it. You are really an industrious young woman. A person after my own heart. Think how that each time you notice the "stones" you can say: "I did that". You go, girl.

Dot

Lainey-Paney April 16, 2007 7:12 AM  

Oh my goodness....what hard work!

But, you are right---it's going to look great!

Jennifer April 16, 2007 9:43 AM  

Oh wait!

I didn't mean to imply that I'm the one laying the stones. We have a guy here doing that right now.

I did look into laying a stone path at one point. That wouldn't have involved cement and I would have done that myself if we had gotten that far. But not so much with the masonry!

deedee April 16, 2007 11:38 AM  

After seeing all the work you've been doing, I realized how LAZY I am, and went out and bought some flowers to fill the empty spots in our yard. Should I tell you thanks? :)

Scruffy Mummy April 16, 2007 4:12 PM  

That is going to look so fab Jen - really lovely!! Great place for sitting in the sun, chilling out.

I love stonework - last summer, I had a circle of stone laid in my back garden (tiny London garden!) and a mosaic done by a local guy in the middle - it makes such a difference to the garden.

Anonymous April 16, 2007 10:38 PM  

What a big project! It's going to be fabulous when it's finished, I love it.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP