Sunday, December 31, 2006

This year in first lines

Huh. I could have sworn Erin did this recently, and that that was where I got the idea. But I just combed back through two months of her posts (and that includes NaBloPoMo) and I got nothing. So maybe it was somebody else. Update: Aha! It was The Teacher. I guess I mixed them up because they use the same template.

But I know that Charlotte just did it today, so I guess she'll get the credit for inspiring me.

Anyway, this year-end review dredges back up the first line of the first post of each month of 2006. Whee!


Alex's facial hair (like Alex himself??) comes and goes.
- Eye of the beholder, January 9, 2006

Julia: What are you doing, Mommy?
- I agree, although perhaps for different reasons, February 2, 2006

She would like it to be known that she ran out of S magnets, so the Z at the end is really an S.
- Supar job, March 3, 2006

Sheryl at Paper Napkin invites her readers to blog the minutiae of an entire day on the 6th of each month.
- What I did today...in SERIOUS detail, April 6, 2006

I mean, I already knew it was a holiday because the kids didn't have school and the gym was on a different schedule.
- How I know today is a holiday, May 1, 2006

I've described myself as news-averse.
- News, June 1, 2006

On the fly...
- Party photos, July 1, 2006

Oh, hi.
- ...What?...who?...me?...I'm on? Already?, August 17, 2006

I was so hungry tonight.
- Hick/Chic, September 4, 2006

Julia [showing me her shoes]: Are they on the right feet?
- Semantics, October 1, 2006

There's this one little drawback to dyeing fabric.
- Gimme a break, I'm dyeing here, November 1, 2006

We're shooting for an earlier overall conk-out than last year, but just how successful that will be remains to be seen.
- Long day? You might say that., December 1, 2006

3 comments:

Kit January 01, 2007 1:23 PM  

Happy New Year Jennifer.
I also was inspired to do this after reading Charlotte's - turned out a fairly representative overall view of my blog.
Fudge looks good but I'm still too stuffed from Christmas and New Year!

A. Nonny Mouse January 01, 2007 4:05 PM  

Wasn't me. I can't seem to summon the energy and I have only been blogging since July, so it would be a short(er) entry.

Happy New Year!

Karin January 01, 2007 11:53 PM  

I did it...maybe it was me? :)

Happy New Year!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP