Friday, December 15, 2006

Tree

Alex took the girls to pick out a tree yesterday. I left them to it, specifying only that I'd prefer an isosceles tree to last year's equilateral one.

They did fine, choosing what Alex says was a large tree compared to the others, but which seems a little puny, what with our cavernous living room and cellular memory of the 2005 behemoth.








I've wrapped the bucket in shiny fabric and will be applying a little creative redistribution at some point (adult eye-level is a little scanty).

3 comments:

Anonymous December 15, 2006 5:35 PM  

So THAT'S where the dozen little apple ornaments are! I noticed their absence when we trimmed our tree and figured you or Lisa must have them. (We have the larger ones.)

I enlarged the photo of the ornaments on the table and found such pleasure in seeing familiar ones which have now migrated to your house!

:)

Anonymous December 15, 2006 10:58 PM  

Ah yes, exercise your mom perogative to redistribute ornaments with questionable placement. I'm still doing that and our tree has been in for two weeks. My youngest will hang anything and everything on the tree including a couple of kitchen towels and my keys...frantic search ensured with that one.

Your tree is beautiful though! Nicely done. I wish I had the skill for a real tree but sadly I don't. We bought one last year and it died two days before Christmas. We had to completely start over, undecorate it, haul it out, and put in our fake tree. *sigh*

Anonymous December 16, 2006 2:08 AM  

Love your tree! We're doing that today - it's the kids' job to decorate and then I judicially reapply to the missing parts once they're asleep.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP