Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Talked myself into it

So, Julie wants to know about my five favorite carols.

I almost begged off this one because I don't really think of myself as having favorite carols, and my Christmas CD collection has become kind of eclectic - to the point that I don't really even know what's what anymore. I generally just pick three discs to put in the stereo and hope for the best. Half the time I don't even know the title of the song I'm hearing.

Also? I'm a bit of a musical ignoramus and there's Julie over there talking about meter and alto lines and whatnot. Duh...it's all Bulgarian to me.

But then, when I begrudgingly gave it a little bit of thought, I did actually come up with some answers, so I guess I'll play after all.

  1. Carol I always loved as a kid (and still enjoy today): Little Drummer Boy

  2. Favorite children's Christmas carol: Frosty the Snowman (or is this my favorite children's Christmas special? Maybe both.)

  3. Favorite non-traditional Christmas music: Mannheim Steamroller. Hmm, I'll have to dig around for that one. I just realized I haven't heard them yet this year, probably because I have it on cassette tape and not CD. (Huh. Thought I had it, but I guess not.)

  4. Most movingest Christmas music: Mary's Song

  5. Guilty pleasure Christmas music: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

Special bonus answer: "Once a year is plenty, thanks" Christmas music: Jingle Cats (which, needless to say, has become the definitive Yuletide experience for the girls.)

Oh, and speaking of cats? And of pets dismantling holiday decor? Yikes.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 02, 2007 8:48 AM  

Little Drummer Boy! One more thing we share in common. My childhood favorite too. My new favorite is Mary's Boy Child done in Raggaei

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP