Saturday, December 30, 2006

Nine is enough

At least, I hope it is. Alex suggested buying bottles of wine or liquor to give to our neighbors. I suggested plates of cookies instead, thinking it would be less expensive. Then I figured, if I'm going to make all those cookies, I'll double the recipes and give plates to my friends as well.

That was all well and good, but it didn't end up being all that much less expensive once I bought all the chocolate and peanut butter and stuff. Granted, now we're giving to twice as many people, so I guess it is cheaper, in a way.

Anyway, I made double batches of four recipes, and a third batch of one (I tried something that didn't work out so well, and then I burned that tray anyway.)

I have to say, I really expected more volume. These are two batches of fudge (in the round pans), two pans of chocolate chip blondies (one on the cutting board and one still in the pan), a double recipe of butter balls (foreground) and two batches of peanut butter bites (on the place mats).


I bought a pack of oval plastic plates to put them on, and they're a bit bigger than your standard plastic dinner ware - I hope they don't end up looking skimpy when I divide all this stuff by ten (and pull out at least three or four of each thing for us to try). There are 80 peanut butter bites, 60 of the brownie-like things, and I haven't counted the butter balls - there are obviously a lot, but they're not very big. I had planned to leave the fudge in a single slab on each plate, but I may need to cut it into bite sized pieces so it takes up more space.

I'm glad we don't have an ant problem.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 02, 2007 8:28 AM  

I know it's after Christmas...heck, it's after new years but I just wanted to comment that one of our neighbors gave us a tin of cookies and it was wonderful. I, obviously haven't been home to bake and having those out here with us was such a treat. You are safer with cookies than wine or alcoholic beverages because not everyone drinks and the kids can enjoy too! Good choice.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP