Monday, September 04, 2006

Hick/Chic

I was so hungry tonight.

I decided to give the girls a bath before dinner instead of after (mainly so I could keep reading my book [Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani - it's really good so far] while the tub filled and they played games on pbskids.org)

Then of course it started to get late and the quickest thing I could think of to give the girls (hot dogs cut into octopi, shredded mozzarella and crackers with cream cheese) didn't appeal to me. So I got them set and stuck a load of laundry in (Robin has three full school uniforms and only ever wears one a day. How can she run out before Thursday? I don't know, but I'm hoping I can prevent it this week.)

Checking the fridge, I saw a bowl with about a serving's worth of sesame noodle sauce (peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic) left in it and decided to make some pasta to put it on. Quick pasta. Ramen pasta. I was so hungry that adding some of the beef flavoring packet to the Ramen before stirring in the sesame sauce sounded good to me, so that's what I'm eating now.

I'm not saying it's good. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying it is what I have before me.

4 comments:

Anonymous September 04, 2006 8:44 PM  

I have fruit-slice gumdrops. I've been thinking of buying a bag for, well actually, for a couple years now, and I finally impulse shopped! I got the one with 5 black ones, and just found out they're purple. I know that would make most people happy, but not me.

Anonymous September 04, 2006 8:47 PM  

And I'm reading A Walk in the Woods, by Bill Bryson. Also a good book. Hey, it's like a meme: what food is before you and what book are you reading? And I bought an ottoman today at the thrift store. I think that pretty much catches us up.

Jennifer September 04, 2006 9:33 PM  

(Lest any of you get the wrong impression: it would normally take a bit more than gumdrops, a book title and an ottoman to catch us up, but we spent an hour on the phone last night, so...)

Anonymous September 05, 2006 8:37 AM  

I like your new picture...you look much more relaxed...happy actually.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP