Sunday, March 02, 2008

Owen Meany - Chapter 4

If I were a book, I would be A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving.

We're taking a chapter a week, posted on Sunday mornings. Click for the posts on Chapter One, Chapter Two, and Chapter Three.



(Take the Book Quiz yourself at the Blue Pyramid.)


Those of you who are familiar with what is going on in my life right now will be not at all surprised to find that the parts of Chapter 4 that stuck out to me had to do with the future.

Owen and Johnny examining the contents of the dormitory rooms... "It was our lives in the near future that we were searching for when we searched those rooms, and therefore it was shrewd of Owen that he made us take our time."

That and, of course, Owen's rejection of COINCIDENCE.

2 comments:

Steve March 02, 2008 9:39 AM  

Hmm had not applied Owen's rejection of coincidence to current world events.
interesting.
I'm enjoying seeing Owen continue to orchestrate events to his liking (i was going to use the word manipulate but decided it was incongruous with Owen's true intentions)

On to chapter 5 next Saturday (unless of course it warms up enough for golf-hey a boy can dream can't he?)

splord March 02, 2008 11:31 AM  

Chapter 4 was great!

Of course, you've already said the first two things that stand out to me - and pidomon the third (about the orchestration, not the golf ;) ).

So, I suppose all I can add at this point is to say that I'm glad I don't have a maid.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP