Monday, March 17, 2008

Fingers now stuck in crossed position

Well, the power went out too, for a while. But just for an hour. Hell, the radio even went out for a few minutes this evening. Guess it's just that kind of day.

But. The water is still out. It's 7:30 p.m., and utilities that don't get fixed during business hours...well, it's not a good sign.

Also? I know I'm starting to sound like one of those cleanliness-obsessed people, but I really really want to wash my hands. Like, really really.

It's trash night here, by the way.

Scooping the litter box? Check.
Accidentally getting some parrot poop on my hand while slinging trash bags? Check.
Reaching into the trash bag for a napkin on which to wipe off the parrot poop? Check.

Only, it wasn't a napkin.

Did I mention? Costa Rican septic systems are considered to be incapable of digesting toilet paper. So, it's...not disposed of in the toilet.

People. Hand sanitizer only goes so far. Please. I just want to wash my hands.

5 comments:

Brave Sir Robin March 18, 2008 7:31 AM  

Ewwwww!
I feel your pain!!


I am pretty obsessive about hand washing.


k

A. Nonny Mouse March 18, 2008 4:32 PM  

Oh, yuck! I am crossing my fingers for you, too.

I hate, hate, HATE that feeling when you want to wash your hands and you can't. I can almost FEEL the germs on my hands. ick.

The Cunning Runt March 18, 2008 8:17 PM  

GIRL.

I had to wash my hands TWICE after just reading that!

Seriously, I'm gonna go wash them again in your honor!

Anonymous March 20, 2008 7:58 PM  

I did not know that about the Costa Rica septic system... eek! There are a lot of odd things about Costa Rica. But it's still a lovely place.

We have some friends who stayed at this place called Maquenqe and we hope to get down there soon too.

Buena semana santa!

Dr. Psycho March 22, 2008 11:37 PM  

I've had dreams like that....

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP