Thursday, March 13, 2008

And now we are three

It was three years ago today that I uploaded my first picture and wrote my first words on this blog. This, today, is my 758th post.

The blog's initial purpose was to provide news and photos of the girls to far-off friends and, mainly, family.

I didn't really expect it to take off, though, because the main reason I wanted to try this medium was that I have never been successful at holding up my end of one-on-one correspondence. I almost never wrote letters - even back when letters were all there were. I rarely make phone calls. I frequently leave emails unanswered.

Somehow, though, the blogging worked. And it evolved, of course. The purpose of keeping far-away loved ones apprised of my day-to-day life is still a very important part of the blog, but it has become much more than that.

Thank you, each of you, for visiting and leaving your comments. For caring about the day to day life of someone a lot of you may never meet. For making this Internet thing an actual community as opposed to an anonymous message board or a one-way exercise in self-involvement.

As I said yesterday, humans will reach out to other humans and connect with them through any medium that is available. I'm so very glad that this medium is available to me.

8 comments:

splord March 13, 2008 10:43 AM  

Congrats on three years, Jen! These InterWebs Tubes RAWK!

FriĆ°vin March 13, 2008 1:52 PM  

3 years ...wow. I'm not even at 2 yet. Congrats!

Brave Sir Robin March 13, 2008 3:17 PM  

Three years!!


Wow, congratulations.

I'm so very glad that this medium is available to me.

And so are we.

PortlyDyke March 13, 2008 6:36 PM  

Happy bloggiversary, Jen -- I love the new look, tone, and the revelation of yourself. Kisses and TWHs to you.

Steve March 13, 2008 7:24 PM  

Happy Glob-O-Versary!

Can't express how glad I am I know ya!

(well if i had any command over the written word maybe i could lol)

love and hugs your way
rumor has it i give good hugs

youre never far from my thoughts

Charlotte March 14, 2008 2:02 AM  

Well done, Jen! I'm impressed by the three years, and mightily impressed by the 758 posts. That's a stunning record.

The Cunning Runt March 16, 2008 10:44 AM  

Well, late as usual, but...

Congratulations!

And I DO hope I'll have the honor of meeting you someday. :)

- R

QuakerDave March 19, 2008 8:56 PM  

Sorry I missed it!

Congrats.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP