Friday, November 02, 2007

Time for my annual "I'm sick of the rainy season" post.

October is crazy rainy here, and October was. But then we got a week of sunshine and I thought we'd turned the corner.

I still think that, but it seems awfully soon for us to have a tropical depression (or whatever) sweeping through.

Everything is just so wet. There have been floods and mudslides, and you don't even want to know about the condition of the field for yesterday's big soccer game. They actually brought in a helicopter to hover over the field to try and dry it off in the afternoon. I guess nobody told them that water doesn't evaporate in 90% humidity, even if you blow on it really, really hard.

2 comments:

Steve November 02, 2007 8:08 PM  

speaking rain someone dumped a drink on me tonight!

Jennifer November 04, 2007 8:51 PM  

Well, you do insist on saying "drinks are on me"... ;)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP