Monday, October 22, 2007

Vehicular Fubariness*

I guess we're overdue for a "Car Trouble" post. I mean, it's been three whole weeks since the timing belt went out on the red car.

So naturally on Wednesday the black car had to throw some sort of bolt or belt in the engine, which in turn did plenty of internal damage before Alex was able to bring the car to a halt. He had it towed and fixed (including a new timing belt...I swear they might as well be siblings) and we got it back on Saturday.

Yesterday Alex insisted we use the newly repaired car for all errands, so that if something was going to go wrong, it would do so before he headed back out to the provinces.

As you can tell by the fact that this post is still ramping up to some sort of punchline, he was wise to so insist.

This time he was within spittin' distance of the house, so he called me and I went down and towed him back here.

See, Alex went out and bought two lengths of this super-heavy rope a few weeks ago, and put one in each car. I really couldn't see us actually using one car to tow the other, but fortuitously opted to keep my trap shut, because since then we have towed each car with the other. Twice, if you count towing the respective disabled vehicles to a suitable overnight location as one, and then getting them each down to the mechanic's the next morning as another.

I'm just worried that the cars have got rivaling crushes on the mechanic. Not that he's not cute, if you like the (probably slightly more than) 17-year-old ragamuffin eyebrow ring type, but frankly I could do with seeing less of him.

* Thanks to Phydeaux for the phrase

4 comments:

splord October 22, 2007 6:49 PM  

Ah, the saga of the automobile....

Glad I could assist you in the title department. :)

Jennifer October 22, 2007 7:03 PM  

Heh.

I was just on my way in to edit the post to add that while the vehicular situation is most decidedly FU, I do hold out some hope that it's not BAR.

(before anyone asks...)

Steve October 22, 2007 9:03 PM  

just wait for a cat to crawl up in the engine for the winter and forget to leave before said owner turns on the engine (it was not pretty let me tell you)

theotherbear October 22, 2007 11:42 PM  

Wow, towing ropes in each car - and you've used both! Very impressed here. And sympathetic.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP