Saturday, October 27, 2007

The fruits of my labor. No, not the apples.

Okay, I will admit that I opened the floor for suggestions right before leaving the house, so I bought the costume stuff before actually reading any of the comments.

A little over ten dollars at the thrift store, a little over ten hours of my life, and we have a family ready for Halloween. Two large pirates, one small gypsy, and one artiste.

The only pre-existing items seen in any of these pictures are Julia's jeans, the scarf on Alex's head, and Robin's two shakiras (the jingly things). Everything else is new, new, new, and every item except for the hats and my pants was altered in some way.

I think I'll stick to quilting, thankyouverymuch.




That can not have been easy.







7 comments:

theotherbear October 27, 2007 11:20 PM  

Great job, you guys look great (and how did she get that apple with no front teeth!)

splord October 27, 2007 11:57 PM  

Vurrah nice!

Good All Hallow's Eve to ye all!

deedee October 28, 2007 6:25 AM  

Me too, I am wondering how she got an apple with no teeth. BTW, you are married to a very handsome pirate!

Anonymous October 28, 2007 7:51 AM  

Wow!

If I'd known that pirates were such good-looking people, I might have tried piracy myself!

Steve October 28, 2007 8:26 AM  

I knew youd make a good wench!

Gerardo Omaña Márquez October 28, 2007 9:45 AM  

Lindo post,
te dejo un regalo:

DIVAGACIÓN DE MIS OJOS Y EL SILENCIO


Ante el amanecer, con luces que me llegan,
mis ojos divagan las siluetas desnudando el viento,
escarpada inmensidad que como espejo explaya
dejando atras la noche de prisiones.

Sin ver el horizonte en ese largo silencio,
abajo, el mar luce inquieto en su bañar de playas,
allí, donde sola caminas.

Y vas descalza con la piel herida
fugitiva de mis labios deseando la noche,
para solo mirarte en el espejo de la luna.

Parece que las aves olvidaron el canto
y solitaria vas sin esperanza,
mientras, yo te guardo en mi memoria
como un templo.

Luego

Se escapa mi sueño,
cuando el sol ya vuelve hacia el ocaso
dejando atras la luz sobre los árboles,
un rescoldo tibio en los tejados,
como un sueño perdido
que el viento llevará junto a las aves
mientras en la sombra quedo musitando un olvido.

Recibe un beso en tu alma

Robin October 28, 2007 4:57 PM  

Loren didn't want to play the role of pirate's parrot, I guess?

Nice costumes! You put a great deal more effort into it than I would have.

And nice job on the apple-bobbing, Julia! I also have no idea how you did this--I have trouble WITH all my teeth!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP