Sunday, February 08, 2009

Same ploy, different generation

When I was Julia's age, I remember once I put my dolls & stuffed animals to bed. I lined them up on the pillow and pulled the covers up to their little chins.

Yeah.

Mom saw straight through that.

"That's fine for today, but tomorrow you have to make your bed the regular way."

Julia's version of that is: It's not in the closet, it must be dirty.

Sorry, kid. Just cause you tried it on, or knocked it off the hanger, or even slept in it, doesn't mean it goes in the hamper.

4 comments:

splord February 08, 2009 10:28 AM  

I see nothing wrong, or even devious, about what you did.

Guess I'm just clueless today.

Jennifer February 08, 2009 10:34 AM  

No, it wasn't wrong, of course. But she was right. I was totally trying to get out of making my bed.

Anonymous February 08, 2009 3:35 PM  

Husbands are good for pulling that one too...well, mine is.

lisahgolden February 08, 2009 6:09 PM  

Julia and Cupcake share the same tactics. And you're just as happy about as I am, I see!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP