Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Grammar FAIL

Okay.

I am the last one to be saying that people shouldn't make up words.

People totally should make up words.

Word inventation is fun and entertaining, and harms no one.

However. If you're gonna do it, you gotta do it right. And if you're gonna publish it, you really want to get it right.

This snickers bar I couldn't even wait until I finished cleaning the parrot cage to eat (don't worry, I held it by the wrapper) claims to be substantialicious. They'll get no argument from me. It tasted good and it's gonna hold me off till dinner. Substantialicious it is.

Tragically, the inside of the wrapper reads as follows:

Substantialicious \sub-'stan(t)-shu-li-shus\
(noun) The weight of something when you weigh it with your tongue.
They were so close, too.

0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP