Thursday, January 14, 2010

Funny, it only feels like 1492

This is the 1500th post on this here blog, how about that.


So, as I was saying last night, Bob needs to leave the country to reset his visa before the regulations change, and as it turns out, some friends of ours happened to be planning a trip to Nicaragua at just about the right time. Couple that with Christmas money for just about the right amount, and we get to go here the week after next.

I'm just as glad to have company the first time we do this little excursion (which we'll need to do - or Bob will - either every three or every six months from now on, depending on how exactly the regulations change). The fact that we get to go with good friends (and some others we don't know yet), and stay at what looks like a really nice hotel, with tours and everything...well, I can make my peace with that too :)

I've been to Nicaragua many times, but I haven't been back for years, and I've never been there as a tourist. This looks like an entirely different side of the country than I used to see 15 and 20 years ago, traveling with students and talking to people about politics and the war.

2 comments:

Saoirse in Spokane January 14, 2010 8:56 PM  

Looks like fun. They didn't say they had a spa, but, if they do I hope you take advantage and enjoy. I remember many years ago wanting to live in Ireland, but, the visa rules kept me from doing so.

deedee January 17, 2010 3:36 AM  

I used to have to leave France every 3 months for the same reason.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP