Saturday, January 30, 2010

Conclusion: In-depth research may be required

I had never had a margarita, so when Bob and I went to the beach a few months ago, I ordered me one.

I quite enjoyed it.

So when we went to Grenada last week, I ordered another one.

And I enjoyed it even more.

However, when I had another one the next night, and a third one on the third night, they deteriorated steadily.

And we just went out for dinner with Dad here in town, and I ordered one, and all I can say is, it's a good thing it wasn't my first, else none of this would have happened.

I can only conclude that I need to hook up with someone who has experience tending bar, and learn to make my own.

5 comments:

The Cunning Runt January 31, 2010 2:10 AM  

I've had margaritas, at my own hand, that were hideous, and others (spendy ones) that were exquisite.

If you're out and about, the glass is important - if anyone serves you a margarita in a glass which looks wrong, it probably is wrong.

On the other hand, watching the limes get juiced as the glass ices is a very good sign... ;)

mom January 31, 2010 6:25 AM  

Sorry, apologies to Jimmy Buffett, but all of my margaritas have been like the one you had when you were out with Dad. No matter how much my friends love them, I quit trying after the third margarita in the third different restaurant.

Anonymous January 31, 2010 4:53 PM  

Dan makes an AMAZING margarita! Must have a blender and lots of ice. He blends the ice in with the mix and tequila...oh, and don't forget to salt the rim of the glass!

Sandy January 31, 2010 4:53 PM  

I didn't mean to post anonymous. It's me...Sandy

Jennifer January 31, 2010 4:55 PM  

Oh, bummer! I was hoping it was Jan, because her Dan lives right nearby and could've taught me :)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP