Thursday, January 21, 2010

Eventful

Today I got my NC Driver's License Out of State Renewal by Mail packet and it all looks doable. Mostly just forms to fill out, and I have to get a local vision test.


Then Bob called to tell me the DSL guys were going to be calling me for directions, which they did within minutes. Thing was, Bob was supposed to go out and meet a friend of a friend of his who is new to Costa Rica and not reachable by phone. We weren't sure what to do about that, but we knew we weren't going to miss the DSL over it.

Happily, the guy showed up sooner than we feared, and took less time than we thought, and he got to the appointed meeting place long before the acquaintance-to-be did anyway.

I was going to go meet them both after work, but as I was walking out to the car, a government inspector dude showed up and had to be dealt with, so by the time I actually did manage to leave, it was too late to meet the new friend.

And then we came home and I marveled at the DSL and played The Sims and Bob went to work and now he's home, the end.

4 comments:

Saoirse in Spokane January 22, 2010 7:18 AM  

I am happy you finally got the long awaited DSL. No more dialup!Govt inspector? That did not sound good. Its bad enough to have a shih tzu inspector that inspects all food bags that come in or out of the house.

Friðvin January 22, 2010 7:44 AM  

Do cable TV providers there offer internet access or is it only available as DSL thru a phone company? What's the equivalent there to Time Warner Cable here?

Jennifer January 22, 2010 9:05 AM  

Yes, we had cable Internet at the apartments, but DSL is preferable for us because we don't have a TV. You can't get Internet service from the cable companies without also buying cable, so it ends up costing more. Plus the DSL tends to be better quality. We couldn't get DSL at the apartment because there were no phone lines available in that neighborhood.

Friðvin January 22, 2010 6:50 PM  

Interesting info. I have a Dish Network, and get internet access through a cable provider (Time Warner) but obviously DON'T need to get cable packaged in, but have my digital phone through the cable provider also.

Just trying to plan ahead for when I find that perfect house down there! :-)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP