Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Discovery of the day

I had an excellent day today.


Meaning, I used Excel for almost everything I had to do at work.

I discovered that it's pretty easy to update an old spreadsheet to include the 8th digit in the phone numbers (Costa Rica added a digit last year) by inserting a column and then pasting in a formula that adds 20,000,000 to the old number.

Formulas and mass pasting are a good thing, given that it's a 645-row spreadsheet, and each row includes two to four phone numbers.

2 comments:

Saoirse in Spokane January 20, 2010 6:42 PM  

Excell, my nemisis!!

The Cunning Runt January 20, 2010 11:27 PM  

That's a butt-load of data, Gurrrl. Good for you on sussing out the tech solution!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP