Tuesday, July 28, 2009

St. John puts his two cents in

Wow, I totally forgot about this.


Costa Rica gets a brief dry spell called El Veranillo de San Juan ("The Little Summer of San Juan") every year, and we're having it now. I had noticed it wasn't raining as regularly - not driving home in it was my first clue. But I forgot it was a regularly scheduled two week dry spell in July of any given year.

I guess it's almost over, and once it goes we have rainy season back until it begins to taper off in mid November. I'm certainly not opposed to the reduced rainfall - it's still been raining a bit, but it tends to be lighter and after I'm home for the day, which is nice.

But today was SO HOT it's got me thinking I could put up with some afternoon rain if it would just cool off a bit.

1 comments:

The Cunning Runt July 28, 2009 5:35 PM  

We've had lots of rain here, and a cooler than average summer.

Enjoy a few hot days for me, 'k?

;)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP