Monday, July 27, 2009

Good riddance

I am happy to report that the billboard for "Detektor"--some sort of presumably GPS-based car tracking device--which I pass on my way to work every day and can see from about four blocks away right up until I pass it, was removed last week. It wasn't even replaced, just pulled down and the space left blank.


I hope it wasn't just that its run was up and nothing has been booked to replace it, but that it was removed because the billboard agency realized how inappropriate it was.

The entire right half of the thing was a picture of Osama Bin Laden. The left half said simply, "Detektor would already have found [him]." I can't even muster the will to parse all the layers of wrong in that.

0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP