Sunday, November 09, 2008

Words I Have Been Asked to Translate Within the Past Week: Another bulleted list

  • Rivet / Remache
  • Lint / Pelusa
  • Platypus / Ornitorrinco
  • Isopropyl alcohol / Alcohol isopropilico
  • Diode / Diodo
  • Coffers / Cofres
  • Roof cap / Cumbrera
  • Slippery / Resbaloso
  • Roller / Rodillo
  • Horcruxes/ Horrocruxes*

Okay, I did have to look that last one up. But, in my defense, I haven't learned it in English yet. (Although I'm clearly about to.)

* Spoiler alert: It's a Harry Potter thing, so read the Wiki article at your own risk.

4 comments:

Friðvin November 09, 2008 7:14 PM  

Wet / Piso .. right?

Close.

Hey, I need a vote on my blog. Swing on by because you clearly have good taste and an eye for detail.

Friðvin November 09, 2008 7:17 PM  

OK, mojado. I didn't know until I looked it up that piso was floor. I had it reversed.

Shows where my mind is. In the piss tank. :lol:

Anonymous November 09, 2008 10:34 PM  

I hope for the girls' sake you've accepted Her-MY-oh-knee as the correct pronunciation. I get that it's wrong to you, but don't scar them with the wrong pronunciation. It will freak them out when they watch the movies or make them sound funny when they talk about Harry Potter with anybody else for the rest of their lives!

Jennifer November 10, 2008 6:48 AM  

Oh, absolutely. I've made my peace with it. Of course, there's no telling what else I've got wrong...

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP