Friday, November 07, 2008

General update: The bulleted list

  • My leaky kitchen is now dry, although it does have a hole in it that looks pretty permanent.

  • My hot water has been re-wired and works fine.

  • My laundry room light fixture was 'sploding bulbs, and I told my landlady. When I came back from out of town to find the rest of the work done, and noticed that one of the kitchen bulbs had been moved to the (previously empty) laundry room socket, I assumed that the switch had been made to test the newly repaired fixture.

  • That was not a sound assumption.

  • Picking shards of broken light bulb out of two-week old dirty laundry - it doesn't get any better than that.

  • The tune up did not fix my car. In fact, if anything I'm getting slightly poorer mileage than before.

  • Even knowing the inevitable result, it is impossible to watch children stir ice cream into a creamy soup without letting them in on the childhood mantra: The more you stir, the more you get. (With its corollary: if you stir long enough, it turns into butter.)

2 comments:

splord November 07, 2008 8:54 PM  

Ice cream is much better stirred. More like home made. Now I wish I still had my ice cream freezer.

Anonymous November 07, 2008 9:00 PM  

Stirred ice cream always seems even colder than unstirred ice cream, so I don't stir it. In fact, as Jennifer well knows, I microwave it. (So does Grandma Moore sometimes, she confessed a couple of days ago!)

BUMMER about the laundry light bulb. I was luckier when it happened to me - it missed most of the cloth in the room and went straight to the floor.

BUMMER also about the car. Can your mechanic do a computer analysis of the engine? If not, maybe it would be worth finding one who can.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP