Monday, August 24, 2009

Coming to you live from our branch office four paces to the southeast and down a floor

Though we got this computer when Dad['s luggage] arrived, and we set it up the next day, this is the first time I've actually sat down to use it beyond just making sure it worked.

It seems to work just fine, although I'm afraid to get too settled in, because we're thinking a wipe & reinstall of Windows might be in order. It doesn't seem to have much on it at all, but still takes quite a while to boot up and stuff. And then there's always that Linux disc. Hmmm.

In other news, I'm trying baking soda and apple cider vinegar instead of shampoo and conditioner, respectively, and I like it very much so far.

In other other news, I DON'T LIKE BAND AIDS, yet every time I take mine off, I reopen the not-very-deep-but-somehow-deeply-vulnerable knife cut on my thumb within about 90 seconds. I'm tired of bleeding on things.

4 comments:

Steve August 24, 2009 7:59 PM  

i'm speechless lol

lisa August 24, 2009 10:34 PM  

You should try superglue on the cut. I used it when I sliced my thumbnail on the grater. It was cut down pretty deep and bleeding. I reapplied the glue a couple times as the nail grew out. It would have ripped off and/or snagged me to insanity if I hadn't thought to glue it. I've never tried it on a cut, but they say it works.

mom August 25, 2009 5:13 AM  

I'm with Lisa on the super glue for nails that are broken below the point where they can be trimmed. I had such a broken nail, and was using bandaids less than satisfactorily when I visited her and Scott last month. The super glue was great.

For a cut itself? I had not heard about that.

Jennifer August 25, 2009 6:55 AM  

If it were still a problem I might have googled it to see. Fortunately, when I bumped it this morning it didn't start bleeding again so maybe we've turned the corner.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP