Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The quilt story

So it was an exchange we did at the guild. Everyone who wanted to participate put some fabric and other items in a bag, we swapped bags, and each person made a quilt with the materials in the bag.

The person who provided the materials gets to keep the quilt in the end, and by the materials in the bag I was totally sure who this quilt was going to be for. And I knew she'd like what I did.

I put decent materials in my bag, but had no idea what would be done with them.

In fact, I was very pleased. I'd say mine (the one I get to keep, not the one I made) was probably one of my three favorites out of over 50 quilts.

Others seemed to agree, since everybody at the party got to vote for their favorite quilt and mine (the one I get to keep, not the one I made) was in a three-way tie for third place.

Scary thing? The quilt I made also got several votes. I may hate that quilt, but I do know my audience.

Photo of the new quilt will be forthcoming; I apparently skipped over it when I was taking pictures of all the quilts, and now it's night time and it won't photograph well. Plus my monitor is dying and everything has a bluish cast (no, I haven't taken any medications recently, why do you ask?), so I won't even be able to tell if the colors are off. But trust me. It'll do your eyes and your very soul good after looking at pictures of that other quilt for two days running.

2 comments:

Anonymous December 06, 2007 6:18 AM  

Bluish cast?

Are you sure your monitor isn't "dyeing"?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

juliloquy December 07, 2007 10:02 AM  

What a fun artistic challenge. Thoughtful of you to devote so much time to something you knew the recipient would like, even though you hated it.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP