Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Guess it's time for a text post, 'cause any pictures of today would be pretty anticlimactic.

Wow. What a change. Four of the eight people in the house left after breakfast, and two of the others are out for the afternoon.

There was some housekeeping to do when the first batch left, and Julia helped with the vacuuming. She's never (in her memory) seen a vacuum cleaner before, but she picked right up on the plane geometry involved in tracing out a series of slightly overlapping parallel lines to cover a surface.


Speaking of mathematical concepts, the Secret Secret Greece/Turkey Quilts of Secrecy have been given and received, so I can tell this story now.

About two weeks ago I told my friend I was stitching the outline of Pythagoras, and wondered if it was possible to get any geekier than that.

Half an hour later I had my answer as I started picking out a partially-stitched Parthenon because the photo was blurry and I thought the columns were Ionic.

Turns out they're Doric.


I'll post quilt pictures soon. The ones we took on Christmas day were nice of the recipients, but didn't show the quilts to best advantage.

2 comments:

splord December 26, 2007 6:46 PM  

Just one thing I'm not clear on....

Were the quilts a secret?

The Cunning Runt December 27, 2007 7:08 PM  

That's pretty funny about the columns!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP