Tuesday, December 18, 2007

In which a lovely, lovely card reader frees my photographs from out the camera in which they are lodged.

So. Catching you up:

We got on a plane in Costa Rica.


We got bored.


We saw the Irazu volcano at the end of the runway


And the Poas volcano when we turned into position for takeoff.


Then we took off, banked around to the right, and flew right over the Poas volcano. Which I didn't even realize until I looked at the photo. Serendipity!


Then we sat on couches and watched TV for an entire day (no need for photos).

Then we decorated the Christmas tree.








Then I bought a card reader so I could show you these photos, and I spent six days uploading them all on a dial-up connection because that's how much I care about you.


You're welcome.

5 comments:

Robin December 18, 2007 9:28 PM  

I could have driven over there faster. (Hi, Scott and Lisa!)

Anonymous December 19, 2007 5:40 AM  

I can vouch for the authenticity of the tree-decorating photos. I was sitting comfortably in an easy chair doing word jumbles and dozing (without the assistance of beer), and enjoying the freedom from obligation, since there were many willing hands. (I, too, am a get-it-and-put-it-up person, and will do what is necessary toward helping others decorate!)

When Julia, Mom, Grandma and I got back to Greenville Monday noon, the big tree lot where we usually get our tree and expected to use this year was gone gone gone. I had a few bad moments, wondering if we might have to go hundreds of miles to get a tree...

Fortunately the new (this year) tree lot near our house was still stocked with trees, so we went ahead and got ours there.

When I was a child, my dad would go out Christmas Eve after I was in bed and get a tree for next to nothing. (Good old days, I guess.)

Brave Sir Robin December 19, 2007 7:29 AM  

Thanks for caring!!

Have fun!!!!

Anonymous December 19, 2007 4:51 PM  

That's a great shot of the volcano!

And it looks like you're having a great family style Christmas.

Enjoy!

Anonymous December 20, 2007 5:14 AM  

Looks like you're having a wonderful time!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP