Friday, October 17, 2008

LOL my undercooked eggs

My eggs have been sulky and recalcitrant ever since we fixed my stove.

I've never made altitude adjustments for anything but spaghetti (pasta of any sort takes fully twice as long as it says on the package), but then again, I never made hard boiled eggs till I moved down here, which coincided with the stove issue, so maybe I just never knew.

My 220V stove made the best of its 110V wiring by taking a very, very long time to do anything.

The eggs don't seem to know what to do with water that goes from zero to boiling in three minutes flat. I think they miss the 20-minute ramp up...rather like the frog of legend.

Hey, it's a theory.

And any post that requires me to Google the phrase boil frog is a post that needs to be written.

Now I'm off to microwave egg.


Update: Raise your hand if you're surprised that hard boiling eggs is not a microwave oven's forte. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

*Goes back to spooning deviled egg yolk onto little piles of half-runny 'sploded egg white*

3 comments:

Steve October 17, 2008 8:16 PM  

not to keen about any posts that include the words boil and FROGS :)

*enjoying sitting next to you*

thank you so very much. you and Bob and everyone else are keeping me going right now

thank you

Jennifer October 17, 2008 8:33 PM  

It's our pleasure, B. We just wish we could do more.

A. Nonny Mouse October 20, 2008 1:39 PM  

Yeah. I knew that one.

I remember it well: My step-dad put an egg (or two) in the microwave IN A BOWL OF WATER. Turned it on and went about his business.

Suddenly there was a loud WHOMP! And water started dripping out of the microwave.

I got in BIG trouble because I laughed. Long and hard. Worth the punishment.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP