Friday, November 09, 2007

Oh good grief

See? This is what happens when I'm relatively on-time getting ready for the retreat.

I still have a lot to do, but I have time to do it, and I actually took a few minutes to read a blog or two and exchange a couple of E-mails with a new friend (Hi LM!).

Then I found out that Rita's computer has a virus and will be sent out for repair during the retreat.

So now I'm scurrying to preblog the next week in order not to miss a day for NaBloPoMo. I hope that still counts. If it even works. I have to say, I really think that if Blogger, the ugly stepsister of the blogging platforms, is sophisticated enough to let people post by E-mail, Yahoo could be expected to provide a "send on" feature for scheduling outgoing mail. But alas, it is not so. And the E-mail scheduler I used to preblog the Greece trip doesn't exist anymore, so that's out.

I think I'll just work up some drafts and then hope that Rita's guest will let me use her laptop for a couple of minutes at some point each day so I can log in and post them. She's pretty nice, and already knows me, so chances are good.

I did already let the retreat guests know that they could give my E-mail address to friends or family in case anyone needed to contact them, so I have a good excuse for needing to get online, if only for a couple of minutes, at some point each day.

Right? Right?

10 comments:

splord November 09, 2007 3:34 PM  

Bummer!

If the guest gives you any grief about using her laptop, threaten to make a derogatory quilt prominently featuring her!

Or maybe offer her cookies. Whichever sounds more likely to work. :)

Until you mentioned it in your post yesterday, I hadn't considered the possibility of losing power (or, more likely in my case, a rain caused loss of internet signal). Now it's stressing me out, man!

Jennifer November 09, 2007 3:51 PM  

Post early, post often Phydeaux!

So the guest is a very nice person, and I really don't doubt she'll let me use the laptop.

Except that now I hear they took her husband to the hospital this afternoon.

What have I done to deserve this, what??*

(For the record, I think it was more of a "this has been going on for a while, it's finally time to get it looked at" situation, and I suspect he'll be fine - or on the way there - by tomorrow.)

* To NaBlo visitors and any of y'all that don't know me too well yet: Don't worry, that's just me trying to be funny.

Lilymane November 09, 2007 5:17 PM  

Hi J!
Well I think the post early, post often advice is great. I'm impressed with the number of preblogging tools you had in your arsenal, even if none of them will work. And - the NaBlo organizer posted somewhere that pre-posting was totally fine. I think it's the backdating that doesn't count. Best of luck with it all (er especially the guest's husband!) Peace.

Jennifer November 09, 2007 5:26 PM  

Yeah, well. About him.

Turns out he needs enough testing and/or follow up care that they've decided to pull up stakes and go back to the US, where he has Medicare.

Presumably they're taking the laptop.

So now I'm considering recruiting some guest bloggers, or entrusting a certain member of my family (I'm looking at you, Dad) with E-mailing the pre-written posts.

Thing is, I have to leave for the airport in like 3.5 hours, and I still have a few actual responsibilities to take care of.

So we'll see...

Candy Schultz November 09, 2007 7:17 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candy Schultz November 09, 2007 7:19 PM  

I just found you. Your quilts are gorgeous. Did you machine or hand piece the puzzle piece one? I have been wanting to do a parrot quilt but have not gotten to it. I am not as productive as I would like to be. I also love the one with the cats and coffee cuts but they are all wonderful.

Lilymane November 09, 2007 7:39 PM  

J -
I just noticed that on the NaBlo site you can future post! It's not a perfect fix - especially as you may not at this moment have any more access, BUT on the off chance that would help I wanted to write you. If you had the chance you could write some entries to future post and put a quick note on your blog for folks to check your NaBlo page.

Sorry to hear about the guest's hubby getting sicker.

Hope the posting obstacles clear themselves up. Chat at me soon!

Jennifer November 09, 2007 8:07 PM  

Thanks for the tip! I've taken care of it in a fairly low-tech way, thanks to my Dad :)

Off to the airport now...

Anonymous November 09, 2007 8:58 PM  

Humph!

So now I have a new identity:

Low-tech.

:)

Steve November 09, 2007 10:51 PM  

Dont worry dad you don't want know what she calls me LOL
(I think the words ignorantg texan were used :)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP