Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thanks are due all around. Well, most of the way around.

Thanks to Dad for following my instructions and for taking the initiative to further analyze the situation and plan compensating measures for tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for helping Dad obsess about the font. I know it's appreciated.

Thanks to Delta flight 247 for arriving, not on time, but six minutes early last night.

No thanks to me for leaving three dozen homemade carrot/zucchini/raisin muffins in the taxi. Along with two of my best tupperware (well, Ziploc. You know) containers. Hope the taxi driver enjoyed them.

Thanks to Rita's guest Sharyl for knocking on the door, laptop in hand, and thrusting it at me 15 minutes ago. May that become a daily occurrance.

No thanks to the Costa Rican power company, which decided to do line work from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. today, without sending the usual advance notification. It's extra challenging to teach a new sewing technique when there's no electricity for the sewing machines.

Thanks to the four ladies who have joined us, who have handled the surprises with equanimity and seem to be enjoying themselves very much, despite the lack of utilities. (Did I mention that Rita's water is from a well, powered by an electric pump?)

And finally, no thanks to Rita's dog Randy, for coming into my room at 5:00 this morning and farting.

2 comments:

BreeWee November 10, 2007 5:51 PM  

I ran into your blog by accident... I LOVE Costa Rica and spent 5 summers of my life there... I see you are there... I am jealous! (actually happy for you!)

can you write some great Costa Stories for me... I need to read about my old home!

Steve November 10, 2007 10:08 PM  

We are inviting Dad to the PHIRE on Wednesday while you are out
Hope the retreat is going well sans muffins

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP