Thursday, November 22, 2007

I keep getting tagged for the "Seven things" meme

Quite a while back by Konagod and more recently by Adena, a member of the quilting bloggers' group I started at the NaBlo site.

I had already done Five things you didn't know about me, and I think Kona was willing to let it go at that, but since it's come up again, here are five more to round it out.

  1. I have the ability to sit still, although it's not my default mode.

  2. If it meant I didn't have to think about or particularly cook anything, I could be pretty content eating the same foods day in and day out for a long, long time. (I already do that with breakfast: Granola mixed with corn flakes, topped with extra raisins and a chopped banana. Coffee.)

  3. I frequent a progressive blog and most decidedly have progressive political and social beliefs. I always have. In terms of actual analysis of specific current issues, however, I am for the most part a rank beginner just barely getting my feet wet. That's why I almost never talk politics here.

  4. It really bothers me when people insult themselves. Especially when they do it frequently or seem to really mean it.

  5. I'm pretty up-front about things, and more so as time goes by. If I don't understand something, I ask for clarification. If I want something, I'll ask for it. (Ahem.) If I don't know something, I'll say so. If someone asks my opinion on a touchy subject, I'll tell them honestly, even if I know it's not what they're hoping to hear. Fortunately, the times it has happened, I've been able to do it without making the asker feel criticized.

8 comments:

Anonymous November 22, 2007 8:39 PM  

Mind-meld indeed, Sistah!

A couple of things in common here - Shakesville, and Can Sit Still (as a last resort) for starters. I'm also a straight shooter, though unfortunately not the most tactful one you'll ever meet. I'm pretty committed to full disclosure.

I can also be self-deprecating, but it's entirely tongue-in-cheek.

Jennifer November 22, 2007 8:41 PM  

Full disclosure?

You don't say, LOL!

Steve November 23, 2007 10:59 AM  

sorry just read disclothesuer and my mind went somewhere else.
Hey I'm at the airport bar bored out of my mind but on the internets

See ya tonight

Jennifer November 23, 2007 12:57 PM  

Well, you're not so far off the mark. Did you see his Left Behind post?

splord November 23, 2007 1:08 PM  

FYI:

I am not promiscuous!!!!!

splord November 23, 2007 1:09 PM  

(I'm not conmiscuous, either. If anything, I'm amiscuous)

FriĆ°vin November 23, 2007 4:00 PM  

I'm procurious. What the hell are all you going on about?

Jennifer November 23, 2007 4:04 PM  

LOL

It was my comment on Cunning's post from the same day. Phy linked it up there.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP