Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Your chance to assist a fashion-impaired friend in need

This may be the first time in my life I've purchased shoes that could conceivably be described as "cute." I just got these:


But in hunter green, and the fabric part is more like suede than the nubby kind pictured. I like them, they were cheap and they're comfortable. But I'm not sure what to do with them.


I mean, I'm down with the whole "put them on your feet" thing. But are these meant to be worn with socks? Without? Do I have to go buy, like, stocking footlets? What do I doooooooo?

In case it matters, they're for work, so I'll be wearing them with jeans, cargo pants and khaki pants. Not, as a rule, all at the same time.

5 comments:

Angela October 07, 2009 9:52 PM  

I have shoes like that and I wear them with naked feet inside. They get a bit stinky 'cause I have sweaty feet, but it's all good.

deedee October 08, 2009 1:29 AM  

no socks

Anonymous October 08, 2009 5:29 PM  

no socks.

wash and dry your feet before wearing.

that ought to extend stink-free wear time.

Ah, to prevent stinky running shoes and other footwear, remove the insole, sprinkle Boric Acid into the shoe/boot, then sprinkle a little Boric Acid onto the top side of the insole, rub it in and put the insole back into the shoe/boot. Depending on how often the item is worn, re-apply about once a month or so. Sometimes no re-application is required.

Boric acid works as a preventive and a cure as well.

Happy happy no stinky!

Boric acid is toxic to cats.

gkadar
toronto

Steve October 08, 2009 8:18 PM  

a life worn without socks is a life well lived.
just saying

Anonymous October 09, 2009 11:20 AM  

Definitely no socks.

And those are cute. Very cute. They work well with all the stuff you have to wear to work but they'd also work with shorts.

Don't think they'd work with a skirt of any length, though. No.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP