Friday, October 02, 2009

Nicely surreal

So I'm driving to work this morning, sitting at a major intersection where I sometimes get leaflets for local businesses, or fast food coupons, or asked for spare change (but not by my usual guy), and where I twice saw someone dressed up as the Statue of Liberty, for what I cannot fathom.

This morning, there were a couple of high school-aged kids up ahead, wearing matching t-shirts and each carrying a shopping basket. When the cars had come to a complete stop, they hastened over and began coming down the line. I assumed they were selling something.

They were not.

When they reached my car they, between them, managed to thrust five packets containing a total of 18 eggs into my hands before wishing me a "Feliz Día del Huevo" - yes, that'd be Happy Egg Day - and moving on to the car behind me.

Now, that in and of itself is awesome enough, but in light of yesterday's post, I would just like to say:

You know what's really good?

Chocolate.


You know what's really good with chocolate?

Money.

2 comments:

splord October 02, 2009 9:44 PM  

LOL!

Hey, I know that intersection.

Dad October 03, 2009 7:32 AM  

Nice try.

(So are you compiling a wish list to work your way through after you're given chocolate and money?)

:)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP