Friday, October 16, 2009

If it's true that your eye sees what it expects to see, then what does this say about my expectations?

Okay, this really works better in Spanish because that's where it happened, but I'll give it a shot anyway.


I was driving home today and passed a beauty parlor with a Help Wanted sign in the window. Seems they're looking for a manicurist.

Except, most buildings here have bars on the windows; it's just part of the landscape and they don't really register on a conscious level anymore - it's like seeing doors and not really noticing that they have knobs. They just do.

Anyway, the sign was stuck to the inside of the window, and the bars happened to cover the M and the U. And in Spanish, the first U in "Manicurist" is an I.*

Somehow, it all adds up to a beauty parlor advertising for an Antichrist.


* Okay, it is in English too. I miss Firefox spell check. And my own spelling competence. I think I'll just take a couple days off, maybe hit the beach, see if I like margaritas...

0 comments:

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP