Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Square one, or thereabouts

Last year I made my children cry by telling them I didn't want a birthday party. Apparently that's not allowed.

So this year I knew I'd have to do something. I'll be 40 on Friday and Bob'll be way older than that a week later, and we had a plan; a picnic with the neighbors. Sadly, we have no grill or yard in which to implement such a plan, but Bob solved that one by reminding me about the park up the mountain, which would do nicely.

So that was all set and I invited my favorite neighbors, who have kids and everything, and there was going to be a party.

Only now it turns out they can't make it, so I ask of you:

How far away from the actual birthdays can we have the event and/or what other sort of celebration can we hold that will satisfy my children and not be too much work for us?

4 comments:

Angela June 30, 2009 8:54 PM  

I say that Bob makes you a cake* ON your birthday, with candles and everything, and then you do the picnic thing with your nice neighbors sometime during your birthday MONTH.

And, by cake, I mean something vaguely cake-like. Michael got chocolate-topped rice krispie treats for his cake this year. It had candles. It counts.

splord June 30, 2009 10:17 PM  

We could always go visit Raxicoricofallapatorius.

Brave Sir Robin July 01, 2009 2:07 PM  

I celebrated mine this past weekend 34 days past the day. . . . .

And it was the best birthday party I've ever had.


(Very exclusive guest list you know)

Dick July 01, 2009 7:37 PM  

But Bob, do you really KNOW any Raxacoricofallapatorians you could visit??

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP