Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Found the *$@)# recorder

It was behind some books on the shelf. Not the wire frame shelf where I thought I'd seen it last, but the solid particle board shelf that you can't see into unless you're tidying. Good thing I was driven to clean up last night, or it could've sat there for months.

I don't think it was intentionally lost, and I'm quite sure, even if it was, that the losee genuinely didn't remember where it was when we were all searching.

I sure hope the music teacher will let her switch to drums next year (where "next year" = "after Christmas vacation," and therefore "just a few more weeks of music classes till then.") I've had enough of this recorder business.

7 comments:

Anonymous November 11, 2008 6:15 PM  

Girl drummers are teh kewl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiCwIPGkTy4

Steve November 11, 2008 8:29 PM  

you are wishing for drums?
you're a brave woman

deedee November 12, 2008 4:57 AM  

We have thrown in the recorder(s) and have two extra if you want??

Jennifer November 12, 2008 7:11 AM  

M: Ummm. Thanks. Really. ;)

Steve: I know, it doesn't sound like it makes sense. But what can I say? I'm complex.

Dave: Okay, yes they are. But kids are impressionable. What if they want to start dressing like that? And doing their hair a la Go Go?? It's almost enough to make me reconsider the recorder... ;)

splord November 12, 2008 2:16 PM  

Wait. You mean "next year" means... next year!?!? What kind of country is that in which you live?

The Cunning Runt November 13, 2008 8:41 PM  

It certainly is harder to misplace the drums. And they're cooler than the tuba.

I say "go for it!"

Anonymous November 18, 2008 4:58 PM  

as a former tuba player...i object!

But as a former percussion instructor, I have to ask, have you gone mad, woman?

They are harder to lose, but wow...you ARE brave!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP